Sunday, July 09, 2006

Church Sketch (July 9, 2006)


My little boy was struggling to sit through our sacrament meeting today, so I took him down to the nursery to play with the toys. While watching him, I pulled out the handy dandy sketchbook doodled. The sketch was a simple one...rather "cutesy", but I had fun with it. When I got home, I tried out my new watercolor set that I picked up yesterday and added some color to the little boy. I'm not feeling too comfortable with watercolors yet, but it was good enough to post.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful use off colour and an excellent drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how the addition of a little colour will give a sketch a new 'feel'. Enjoy your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than good enough. Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your guy in his suspenders and tie. The skin tones look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your guy in his tie and suspenders - his Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes. Skin tones look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOps - did it twice as I did not realize you would be approving comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great!! reminds me of Mary Engelbreit's drawings!
    great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first visit and I love your work. Great stuff. I'm amazed at your pen and ink work.

    ReplyDelete