Saturday, September 09, 2006

leaf

It's Saturday morning and I couldn't sleep last night. My mind has been on work incessantly and my synapses have been firing about this and that. I haven't been able to really step away from work mentally since my responsibilities have been increased.
When I woke up I decided to paint and sketch, hoping it would take my mind off of things. It did. I grabbed a leaf from one of our trees in the front yard. They are already turning because it has been so hot with little water. I enjoyed the time spent painting.

5 comments:

Teri C said...

It is beautiful!!! And perfect, but alas,it means winter is not far behind.

Linda said...

Wonderful painting of the autumn leaf. So sorry that your head is spinning with work -- I HATE it when that happens, and new responsibilities make it even worse. Exercise, walk, work out, do yoga -- get physical -- that's how to exorcise those work demons! (trust me on this one ...)
;-)

Terry Banderas said...

Your "Leaf" painting shows you concentrate well while stressed. Work does that to a person. That is why I had little time to paint when I was working. Now I am retired and I love the free time to draw and paint and do whatever.

Shelly McC said...

Wow!

jill said...

love the leaf painting! just seems so life-like that it could be picked up off of the page. impressive!