Sunday, April 29, 2007

A few more sketches...

I haven't posted for the last few weeks, but I have been doodling, nonetheless.

Recently, I have been on a search for the best sushi in Atlanta. I admit it, I'm a sucker for sushi. I had a friend take me to a little sushi joint just before leaving Salt Lake to come here, and, I was hooked. Since then, I am trying to figure out where and when I will get my next fix. Here is a couple of doodles I did after trying out a little place in Marrietta Georgia called Sushi Zen.

sushi2


sushi1


Also, a few days ago I found myself in that same little barber shop that I posted about before, and I was 4th in line. It was a perfect time to get some doodling done. I started a sketch of the old fashioned barber's chair that he uses, but didn't finish before it was my turn. This is how far I got....

barberchair


Finally, I found myself with a little extra time today and thought I would let my pen play on the paper a bit. This is what came out. I don't know what it is all about, but I actually was happy with the colors I put on in photoshop.

ladywrapped

8 comments:

  1. wonderful sketches. i enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh neat! Also, I LOVE SUSHI! hahaha. And the worst part is, as I am surfing art blogs, I AM STARVING! I'm so hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've gone and made me hungry for sushi - and I'll never find any around here! Wonderful sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketches. I, too, love sushi. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your work is amazing! what are the techniques? Is it digital or a combination? I love them. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. You might want to consider adding a description of the contents at the bottom and selling packets of them to new sushi eaters to use as a reference when eating sushi. I don't know about ohters, but I can never remember what it is I'm eating, although maybe it doesn't matter. Anyway, they could double as sushi playing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just visited Atlanta. Great sushi place in Roswell called Aqua Blue. Fairly inexpensive, great sushi. Not sure how far that is from your place, but if you get a chance, check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that sushi. The chair is cool too.

    ReplyDelete