Saturday, August 18, 2007

poopie potpourri

I haven't posted for a while, and really haven't produced anything noteworthy...but, I'm going to post some of the doodles from the past few days any way.

August 8, 2007

This was a little journaling while I was waiting for my wife to come out of her doctor's appointment.

airplane

Today I took my son to a scout activity at our little local airport. They went up in some small, two-seater planes for a while to get introduced to aeronautics. They had a blast. I decided to sketch some of the stuff that was surrounding me.

comehome

This was just an exploration sketch with color and images that I really wasn't able to articulate with a brush.

profile2

This was sketched out when I couldn't sleep last night and as I stayed up late watching old re-runs.

towelman


Then there was this...I can't say I particularly know where this came from...

7 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful journal pages...I do hope your wife is well, my thoughts are with you both.
I love the ink sketches, much more precise and yet that last sketch shows such character it tells a story all of it's own.

Arty Velarde said...

sketches? They are beautiful drawings to me.
I also hope your wife is doing better.

juj said...

I can relate to your reluctance to post when you haven't done anything "noteworthy" as I feel the same way myself all the time, but I can tell you that I for one am very happy that you posted your "un-noteworthy" efforts as I really enjoyed looking at them. Your work is an inspiration to me (and I'm sure to many others) even when it (apparently) isn't that inspiring to you - so thank you very much for sharing.

brian nelson said...

I hope your wife is doing well! I especially like the airplane sketch. I would like to invite you to stop by my blog and take a look. Thanks, brian

Madking said...

Can't figure out any other way to get ahold of you, but are you interested in doing a portrait exchange on portraitparty? I'm liking your style.

SCquiltaddict said...

beautiful work as usual...HOPE your wife is improving...and these "sketches" are awesome and more than worthy of being published...says she who publishes the good the bad and the indifferent

phthaloblu said...

These are some great sketches! Youa re quite talented, but I'm sure I've said that before. I applaud your efforts because I know I would let my spouse's health distract me from my art. It has to be very difficult for you, I get that feeling from reading your comments. I hope your wife is doing well and my thoughts are with your family. Take care.