Saturday, December 20, 2008

Continued study of wrinkles

In my last post, which was a hundred years ago, I spoke of wrinkles, and how many I am getting...
My time to doodle has been vastly diminished since August, but over the past few Saturdays, taking a few minutes here and there, I have continued to play around with wrinkles, and in a medium that I haven't used for a long time...the trusty graphite pencil.

There is a lot in the expression. Part of it is fear, part surprise, and a twinge of anger maybe. The eyes tell the most...

wrinkles

8 comments:

Peachtreeart said...

There is nothing wrong with wrinkles, just shows how far humans have progressed from infancy. Also shows how much more knowledge we have obtained from infancy. I love your studies!

Lance said...

You're right about the fear, surprise and anger. I can see them all in those eyes and the surrounding wrinkles. I like it.

Sandy said...

Oh...this is wonderful!! So expressive and great job on the eyes and wrinkles.

wagonized said...

Boy do l love this. Drawing wrinkles is like navigating a map. Here's to the Saturdays that enable you to draw!
And I meant to say you have a kickass banner on your blog.

Murph said...

I’m continually amazed how shading and wrinkles can change a facial expression. I’m doing quite a bit of makeup studies for a play that I’m doing in the spring, and can change the shape of a face with a couple of highlights and a liner pencil.
Great sketch!

Margaret Ann said...

Beautiful folds and lines...amazing eyes.

WEE-HOO said...

hey, lovely blog... just window shopping... I'm getting wrinkles too... I think it sucks. I do like your musical choices too... TMBG--saw them in concert last year. Keep up the great work, Sketchpot, this is your Kindergarten teacher speaking.... seriously draw every day. Did you do the sketch book project--www.arthousecoop.com ? You should get involved with them if you aren't already!

prabhugsp said...

Good ones..
Keep going!