Saturday, August 26, 2017

Greyhound

Continuing with my desire to send out an envelope to the folks that I mentioned in a previous post, this week I decided to play around with a highly "Seuss-esque" background and a big dog for my friends Boyd and Michelle.  They are, very much, animal people, and I figured they would enjoy a little fun spin on a greyhound.  While I haven't known them for as long as the other's that I have mentioned, they have certainly become part of our family and have been kind, inviting and considerate of my family over the years.  This one went out to them.

This was done in gouache, pen and ink, with an acrylic background.

The entire time I painted the background, I couldn't stop thinking of Seuss....

"You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed.
You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you'll be best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest."
--Dr. Seuss, "Oh, the Places You'll go"