Sunday, December 24, 2017

Happy Holidays

This month has been frantic, and I have not made the time to do some of the traditional paintings that I do each year.  However, I did find the time last night to do an envelope for a young man who just recently gave up a year of his life, under extremely trying medical challenges, serving the people in South America.  I saw him shortly after he came home and he seemed a little down for not being able to stay even longer in his service.  In my eyes, however, I felt that he was very noble for sticking with it for so long, and putting people above his own condition.
I painted this little holiday envelope for him and thanked him for his service.

This is done in gouache, an acrylic background and a bit of pen and ink.

I hope that everyone has a great holiday this year.  Find someone to serve and make their day a little brighter!