Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hinckley

I have been looking at a few web sites where there has been some amazing caricatures of various people. Caricatures that don't poke fun, but that are masterfully done. I decided to try my hand at it. I've been thinking a lot about religious leaders, and the ones that I deeply respect. Consequently, this gentleman came to mind and the challenge was to do a sketch, caricature style, that isn't demeaning, but that still comes across as a caricature. I don't know if I succeeded, but it was a good exercise nonethless.

hinckley

5 comments:

  1. I think you did an amazing job capturing him - just the right amount of exaggeration to the shape of his face and ears. And the skinny neck and thin shoulders are caricature classics. I think you have a real flair for this. I would love to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think you've done a great job on capturing his image without too much exaggeration. Your cross-hatching is very good, too. I always tend to over-do it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such an excellent drawing. SO well drawn it makes me want to crawl into a corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really well drawn -- and just right! There's nothing at all demeaning about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:46 PM

    I am LDS and I find your caracature delightful.

    ReplyDelete