Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Plague

I've been reading a book entitled "The Plague" for the past few weeks and have found myself thinking a lot about sickness and pestilence. Some of Camus' imagery in the book is gripping, and prompts some pretty in depth introspection.
On a similar note, with the sickness that has been occuring in our home recently, I have reflected on our own mortality much more than I normally do. I suppose that a good reflection on the brief nature of this mortal existence is good for the soul.

Plague

5 comments:

  1. Scary stuff, but nice drawings, as always. I´ve read The Plague too, I really liked it, in spite of the slight feeling of claustrophobia it gave me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary but beautiful...Now that's clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Camus, and your personal representation is amazing ... weird, morbid and scary but I guess that's the point? Still amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous stuff - and you picked 2 of my favorite quotes from the book. Too bad Camus isn't around to see this, he would be beside himself with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an interesting subject! This is a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete