Thursday, May 15, 2008

Japanese "INK" drawing

As previously mentioned, I am participating in the Moleskine Exchange #24, which has been pretty fun. I got my first exchange in the mail the other day from Kerstin in Germany. She wanted to keep a "Japanese" theme for her sketchbook, so I pondered and puzzled about something along that line. I kept thinking of squid, ink drawings, etc. This is what resulted. The scan didn't come out as good as I'd have hoped, but it's fun to see how everything starts blending together in this project.

Japaneseinkdrawing

7 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

This is gorgeous...love the composition and color...your artistry is a favorite of mine! :)

ksklein said...

The blending is beautiful and I´m happy that now I have a piece of your art.

caseytoussaint said...

This is really cool - great job!

Shirley said...

Who would not be thrilled to have this is their Moleskine? Fabulous!

E-J said...

Wow, this is unusual. Love the way the squid has cooperated with your horizontal format. :) What media?

Witness said...

Wow,
Thanks for all the comments folks. You are all very kind. As for the media, it is a mix of acrylic gesso, watercolors, gouache and noodler's ink.

Xerox Phaser Ink said...

This my friend is quite the art work that I dont get to see every day.. I used to work in a museum and actually quit recently to spend more time at the studio painting more. I have developed my own techniques for certain ideas that I want to put down to paper. Im sure we all have our own techniques but if we all colaborated our thoughts and ideas together we can come up with some sort of masterpiece!