Saturday, July 21, 2018

Doodles in the Sketchbook, Hoop Lake

For the past few weeks, my family has been on vacation.  Consequently, I haven't done any envelopes for the past little while.  However, it was refreshing to carry along the sketchbook while up in the mountains and doodle in the shade.  There is something intensely peaceful being surrounded only by wilderness, listening to the breeze rush through the pines and the aspen all around you, and doodling until your heart is content.
We spend a few days up in the Uintah Mountains at a place called Hoop Lake.  Although it was hotter than I expected, it was enjoyable to sit in the shade and look at all of the things around me.

Here are a couple of the sketches I was able to knock out while there:

This was a little doodle of the fire pit at our campsite, and you can see Sadie, our Beagle, waiting patiently for the rest of the family to come back from their hike on this particular afternoon.


Just past our tent in a little grove of trees, I parked the camp chair and sketched the surroundings.  There were lots of deer, lots of beautiful trees, and plenty of sun too.

Now that I'm back in town, I thought I would scan and post a couple of the doodles.

These were done in pen and ink, and some watercolor.