Saturday, February 03, 2007

cigar boxes and scanner fun

Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated with boxes. As I got older I began collecting cool wooden ones, and there is nothing better than the cigar box. The other day I found a cigar shop here in town that has an entire hallway full of empty boxes for the taking. I snatched up a few and have been doing some "refashioning" with my children. Here is a picture of the most current project:

cigarboxeye

Here is a close-up of the painting on the top:

eyeonbox

Also, as anybody human knows, there is nothing more tempting than being in an empty room with a scanner or copy machine. I fell to the temptation and this is the result:

face1

I decided to play with it in photoshop for a minute and came up with this:

face2

How's that for a Saturday? Let's see what church brings tomorrow...

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Love the cigar box. I like boxes and may have to go looking for a cegar box of my own. Here in So Cal at a chain restaurant, California Pizza Kitchen, the artwork on the walls are painted pizza boxes. They also are quite appealing. The scanner images were fun as well.

Nina Johansson said...

Lovely painting on that box! I too am a fan of boxes of all kinds, but we practice a bit of compact living here, so I try not to collect too many...
Ha, I had to laugh about being alone in a room with a scanner or a photocopier - I know! It is so much fun! My scanner has had to work on A LOT of various objects in it´s day...

Linda said...

:-D Cigar boxes are irresitable, but I never thought of painting them up! I just love the ones with the "fancy" hinges and latches, and will line them and store things in them. Sometimes they get a little out of hand...
The scanner digital thing is great, too! :-)

Sherri said...

Oooh, I'm a box fanatic, too!! Any kind, all kinds!! I love the eye you've painted... :D

And dontcha just LOVE Photoshop??!!??