Saturday, February 03, 2007

cigar boxes and scanner fun

Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated with boxes. As I got older I began collecting cool wooden ones, and there is nothing better than the cigar box. The other day I found a cigar shop here in town that has an entire hallway full of empty boxes for the taking. I snatched up a few and have been doing some "refashioning" with my children. Here is a picture of the most current project:

cigarboxeye

Here is a close-up of the painting on the top:

eyeonbox

Also, as anybody human knows, there is nothing more tempting than being in an empty room with a scanner or copy machine. I fell to the temptation and this is the result:

face1

I decided to play with it in photoshop for a minute and came up with this:

face2

How's that for a Saturday? Let's see what church brings tomorrow...