Sunday, February 17, 2008

Space Case

space

It's my littlest boy's birthday tomorrow and he is ecstatic about a celebration just for him. My mind, consequently, has been more focused on the simple, fun, childlike and innocent images that are such a part of his life and learning. Consequently, last night when I couldn't sleep, and when he was laying next to me whimpering in his sleep with a bad dream, I sketched out a theme that I enjoy going back to...the man in the moon and his neighbors. I tried to capture a bunch of old cantankerous fuddies frustrated with an intruder into their realm. This one was fun.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Hey Witness! I love "Space Case"!!! Wow, it's so good to see you back... your incredible talent and sense of humor always get me inspired to look for the fun when I sketch. Happy Birthday to Chaim!! :D

    Sherri in Sacramento

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great style, love your cantankerous faces. Happy birthday to your little one. I love his monster drawing btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "cantankerous fuddies"! great description! I love the textures and the huge proboscides. your son is a lucky man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see this space case. The moon does look like a cranky old fuddy-duddy. I bet you had a lot of fun doing this, especially since it sounds like you'd done these in the past and are revisiting them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done my friend.
    I think that I've seen these characters before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done. This would be great in a children's book. You have a really interesting style; I like it.

    ReplyDelete