Saturday, August 23, 2014

Bees and poetry

Recently, I was called to work with the 6 year old kids in the primary at my church.  This has been a radical change from what I have been used to for the past 20 years, yet, I am enjoying the change...even though I am still stumbling around trying to figure it out.  The fun thing is that I get to make them things to take home as part of the lessons that I have been giving.  Tomorrow's class is on obedience...so, I made these little goodies for them to take home:


It is nice to have a legitimate reason to draw an insect and to give it away...and in the Lord's name, no less!  Here's to hoping we have a lesson soon that has something to do with spiders!

On another note, my brother recently asked me to read a poem he wrote and sketch out what came to mind after reviewing it.  So I started doodling tonight and thought I would give a little preview.  When I'm done, I'll post the finished product, and with permission, I'll post his poem too...

Enjoy: