Sunday, May 29, 2016

Stony Heart Transformation

This weekend I have been pondering over my own need to soften my heart, to seek after continued change and growth, and how easy it is, if not watchful, to become calloused and crass, even under the pretense that such a departure from vulnerability and feeling is justified.  So, I got another can, and decided to play around with the whole "stony heart" vs. " heart of flesh" idea.  I started with an old sardine can because I liked the shape.  
Then, I started the heart on the inside of the can.  
Then, for a gentle background, I inserted some text which has become deeply meaningful to me which reminds me of the characteristics indicative of one with a soft heart.
Then, to finish, I added the painting of the stone, to suggest a peeling away or a departure from it, and framed it with a little color, and a scriptural reference to that hopeful promise in Ezekiel.  Not sure if I'm done with this one yet, but I enjoyed the start.