Monday, March 18, 2019

Tranquility

I’ve shared on my blog before the respect that I have for the young people, of many different faiths, that go out and work to serve other people and lose themselves in that service.  The opportunities for service are countless, and deeply needed.  For a while, I spent lot’s of my time sending sketched envelopes and letters of thanks for many of the young people that I know that went out and served.  Other posts on this blog can be found speaking of those.  Gratefully, my own children have gone out and made that same sacrifice.  My middle son is currently on a mission in Colorado Springs serving the people there.  It’s been almost 2 years since he left to go and do that work and will be home in a few months.  This week’s envelope was painted for him and will accompany a letter that will be headed off to tranquil Colorado thanking him for his example.  I tried to think of something that is Colorado-like, and thought about the beautiful aspen forests that populate so much of the mountains in that part of the country.
This one is going out to him this week.
Done in gouache and a little pen and ink, with spatters of prismacolor here and there.