Friday, December 29, 2006

More vacation sketches....12/30/2006

A little while ago I wrote about my son's BINKY ADDICTION , this year we will be attempting the inevitable weaning of the pacifier. Thinking about how brutal it is going to be, I decided to draw a little sketch of how my son may look while trying to break his habit.

binkydependant

Also, a few days ago my wife, in a burst of hope, bought some more fish for our tank. We are notorious for killing fish. Where some aquariums may be the fountain of life, ours is certainly the cesspool of death. We can hear the fish scream once they come in our front door. They plead with us not to take them under our wing.... Nonethless, as I rounded the corner this morning to eat breakfast, I noticed our first casualty from the latest batch. I did a little sketch of the now deceased bugger...

deadfish

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot! what a rotton sense of humor!!!! EDM

Anonymous said...

It takes a scorpio to do these hilarious Pictures! Cathy from EDM
another scorpio :))

Shelly McC said...

I love your blogs new look, Wow! Great drawing. I have the same problem with plants!

SCquiltaddict said...

Your sketches always make me laff...thanks....poor fish WHAT ARE YOU ALL doing to them??? And I hope your kid doesnot look like that when you get done torturing him...lol

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Firstly, I like your new look blog! Very nice indeed. Your drawings are always excellent and I loved the fish story. I once killed my friends two fish when she was away on holiday. I'm sure they dropped dead as soon as she left the house. And they were actually her little boys pride and joy. This is why I do not own fish. Loved the post and I really did laugh out loud!

Irene said...

I so enjoy your sketches. They always make me laugh. Keep it up!

mariana said...

I love your blog! And what a sense of humour ... the drawings are all great. I just joined EDM and am completely awed by the talent in the group -- yours is quite brilliant! Cheers.

http://mrana.typepad.com/bitbybit/

Writer on Board said...

Love your style of drawing. Sweet. Thank you.

Casey said...

Wonderful - I love the fish story. I also love the new look of your blog.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

delightful sketches throughout your blog.

Jana Bouc said...

Ewww. That's why I don't have a fish tank anymore. It became a horrid obsession, checking to see who was belly up each day. I made the mistake of naming them, which made their inevitable demise even more painful. What's funny is that I bought the tank and fish for my son, who was pretty disinterested at the time, but once he became adult has not been without a tank of fish of his own (and I think his stay alive).

Felicity said...

Thanks Witness for your comments (and I'm really honoured to be on your links!) Always love your sketches and comments and this about fish is so funny! Life can never be dull at your place!

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin! It's Heather and Erin and we've been laughing our butts off for like an hour!! You are an amazing artist and storyteller!! We also think it's a wee bit creepy! ;)It's so awesome though!! Love to the fam!!