Saturday, April 22, 2017

...more value than many sparrows

Confession Time:  The past few weeks have been rough with various pressures, challenges which consequently bring me to a place where I face a crossroads of fear or faith.  Normally when I get into these circumstances, I become grumpy, even unapproachable at times.  Last night as I lay in bed  I pondered my circumstances.  I reviewed how I have reacted to them, and recognized that I could do better, be better, and trust more, I came upon a pleasant reminder in Matthew 10:28 - 31 that circumstance does not determine personal worth.

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.   Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows."
So I decided to watch the sparrows today, and think of someone who is needing reassurance more than myself.  I decided to sketch out this envelope for a friend who has been asked to face a very challenging circumstance recently.