Saturday, May 19, 2018

Wheat, not tares.

A few weeks ago I listened to a gentleman in my neighborhood, that I respect deeply, share with a group of listeners of how he had overcome a debilitating addiction.  I was so impressed with his sincerity and the yearning invitation that he made to those that he was addressing to be courageous enough to seek out the help that can come to those that are humble, honest and submissive to a higher power.  I continued to reflect upon his kindness, but also his remarks, and decided to do an envelope for him thanking him for the boldness, and transparency with which he shared his story.  I reflected upon the many times in the scriptures wherein the wheat and the tares are spoken of.  Both look similar as they are growing, but one bears fruit that is desirable.  I let him know that I appreciated the "fruit" he was bearing and his invitation for others to seek to do similarly.  This is the doodle I sent to him.  This is done in gouache, pen and ink, with acrylic background.